Create custom fonts design in Fireworks
Every now and again you will need to adjust the shape of a font you are using in a project, Ive needed to do this quite a few times when creating logo concepts that have a play on text shape rather than use a icon/shape logo. Create custom font shapes is an easy technique to learn and will give you loads more scope when coming up with those creative concepts.
Create custom fonts
1. Lets start with some plain text, Ive used Impact as its a safe font that most of you should have.
2. Now right click the text and select convert to paths
3. You will now have a Group of paths, so right click again and click ungroup to get a set of paths distributed to individual layers.
4. Now that we have our font in the format we want, we can now start to play around to get the font deign we want. To do this select your subselection tool from your toolbar and select the anchor points you would like to move. I have chosen to skew the bottom of the font to stretch downwards for this example but you are really only limited by you imagination.
5. To make the adjustment you can either drag and drop the selection or use cursor keys ( I prefer cursor keys as it gives me more control).
6. The final result.