Creating a Realistic Peelable Sticker Effect in Fireworks
The tutorial will give you a step-by-step instructions on how to create a peelable sticker effect, great for placing in a corner of a website to reveal news or offers.
Getting started with our peelable sticker effect
1. Create a rounded rectangle having the same color as the background. Apply to it an outline of any other color. This will be our sticker.
2. Duplicate the sticker and change the color of the copy to anything you want. This will be the surface underneath the stiker, in other words, place its layer below the sticker’s layer.
3. Duplicate the sticker one more time. We will change its color later on. This will be the back of the sticker. Place its layer between the Sticker and Surface layer.
NOTE: No change of position should be done during this tutorial.
4. Now that we have what we need, it’s time to modify the paths. Select the sticker and ungroup it to make it a changable path, taking away it’s custom shape properties (yellow adjustbale dots). Good! Now using the Subselection tool (White arrow) sub-select the sticker so it has a blue outline and white dots at intersections. With the sticker sub-selected, switch to the pen tool. Add two extra points as shown bellow (.a). Change the position of the dots and anchors to create something similar to the illustration below.
5. Now let’s modify the back of the sticker. For an easier approach, make the Sticker layer invisible by clicking on the eye next to it. As done in the previous step, ungroup the rectangle representing the back of the sticker and select it using the Subselection tool. Add two more points at the same location as those added to the Sticker (.a). Delete the the two points that create the rounded corner and insert one instead as shown below.
6. We are now done with modifying paths. Let’s add color. Select the sticker and change it’s fill type from Solid to Gradient. One of the sides of the gradient should be the color of the background, while the other should be a darker shade to simulate shadow. This is shown below:
7. Change the color of the back of the sticker to white. Add a Inner Shadow effect with the following values: distance-4, opacity-30%, softness-30, angle-315 degrees.
8. Select the rectangle representing the Surface and add an Inner Shadow with the following values: distance-1, opacity-30%, softness-2, angle-315 degrees.
9. Change colors and add text however your heart wants.